We are excited to be planning for the return of our students to begin another school year! We are in a position to begin the new year in a fairly normal way, all things considered. There are currently no mandates outside of weekly testing for our non-vaccinated employees, which is still a legal requirement for us. We will once again partner with the University of Illinois Shield Program to conduct our testing which will be on a weekly basis once they get set up and running. As last year the testing will also be offered to all unvaccinated students who chose to test. The Opt Out Form can be picked up at the student's school office. The Illinois Department of Public Health and the Illinois State Board of Education has sent us a joint recommendation to follow CDC's Operational Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in Schools. Our current model will be based on our local community level of transmission, as well as hospital and local medical capacity.
COVID-19 2022-2023 Protocols
- Mask Optional - We will begin the year with mask optional, however if we hit the metrics to be designated as a high transmission community and local data warrants, we will change to mask-highly recommended.
- No social distancing requirements - Although we will attempt not to overcrowd spaces when possible and will take some precautions during lunch.
- The test to stay will be implemented again this year. If a person is a close contact, they can test every few days and remain in school rather than automatically being sent home to quarantine as long as they continue to test negative. This is also true for persons experiencing symptoms other than fever.
- Positive Test or Self-Isolation - Individuals who have tested positive and under quarantine may return after 5 days if no symptoms are present, and then must mask for 5 days upon return or simply quarantine the full 10 days.
- High Risk Activities - There are some high-risk activities that are still being evaluated at this time.
- Remote Learning - The district will provide remote learning for any student who is under quarantine or isolation.
- We have significantly improved all of the air and ventilation systems in all buildings.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette will be reinforced.
- We will systematically clean and disinfect all areas daily.
- Nurse Office - School Nurse offices have been deemed medical facilities and therefore everyone entering these spaces must be masked.
- Contact Tracing - We do not have adequate resources to effectively conduct rapid contract tracing, so we will utilize our mass notification system this year to alert parents of potential exposures to the best of our ability. This way parents can immediately begin to monitor your child for symptoms.
This will be as close to a normal start of a school year as we have experienced in nearly 3 years! We are excited to welcome our students back home and begin a new adventure of teaching and learning!
Have a GREAT Day!