December 2023 News
Office Hours & Phone Numbers
MJH School Office -7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. -309-833-2074
Attendance Office -7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. -309-833-2074
Principal's E-Mail Addresses
Brock Bainter firstname.lastname@example.org
Asst. Principal's E-Mail Address
Brett Burton email@example.com
Christmas Vacation - No School
December 21, 2023 - January 2, 2024
Teacher's Institute - No School
January 3, 2024
December 8, 2023-Half day attendance AM
MJH Athletic Family Pass
2023-2024 Jr High School Athletic Pass will allow immediate family members admission to regular season Jr High Athletic Events only. (IESA State Series Athletic Events are not included) $75.00 per Family Pass (Immediate Family Only) These passes are available in the Athletic Office at the Sr High School.
JH School Hours
8:10 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
Middle School classes begin at 8:10 a.m. Outside doors are unlocked at 7:35 a.m. Students arriving before 8:00 a.m. should go to the Commons. Students are dismissed from the Commons at 8:00 a.m. to go to the restroom, and/or get a drink. Students need to be in their seats for their first hour class at 8:10 a.m. Buses arrive between 7:35 and 7:50 a.m.
Breakfast is served at 7:35 a.m. Middle School students should budget their eating time daily, so they are not late for their first hour class at 8:10 a.m.
If your child is absent from school any portion of the day, the parent/guardian must notify the school by 9:00 am. A parent may call the office anytime before 7:30 a.m. and leave a message on the voice mail. After 7:30 a.m., please call and speak with office personnel.
If a child is absent and no notification from the parent has been made, a reasonable effort by the school to notify the parent will be made. A parental note is required on the next date of attendance. This is in addition to the contact made between the parent and school on the day of the absence. The note should be submitted to the Attendance Office before the student begins classes. The Attendance Office will issue a pass to re-enter class.
If your child has an appointment during the school day, please send a note to school with the student or call the office by 11:00 a.m. The student should bring the note to the Middle School office and a pass to leave class will be written. It is very difficult to ensure a timely response if you show up unannounced requesting a student. For example: PE classes may be hard to find so you may be late for an appointment if we are not notified in advance.
Bus drivers try to ensure safety for all students on the bus. Limiting numbers of riders is necessary to ensure safety. Therefore, if a student needs a bus pass, the student must have a signed note from the parent. We cannot accept phone calls. A written request with the parent/guardian signature is required for a bus pass.
Drop Off/Pick Up Locations & Procedures
Safety is our main concern in creating procedures for drop off and pick up. With safety in mind, please follow procedures noted below:
Drop Off Procedures
- Busses will use the north parking lot entrance (closest to the high school). All bus students will be dropped off in the West Lot near the main entrance.
- All car riders will use the south entrance on the back side of the middle school. Cars should follow the drive along the backside of the middle school and proceed around the curve to the front of the building. Please stay to the right and go around the small circle drive in the east parking lot and pull up along the sidewalk to drop the students off. Cars should then proceed back around the backside of the building and exit out the south lot. Please stay to the right so traffic can move in both directions.
- Any students walking to school or riding with a sibling to MHS and then walking to MMS, should use the sidewalk between the two parking lots to enter the building.
- Busses will use the north parking lot entrance (closest to the high school). All bus students will be picked up at the West Lot near the main entrance.
- All car riders will use the south entrance on the back side of the middle school. Cars should follow the drive along the backside of the middle school and proceed around the curve to the front of the building. Please stay to the right and go around the small circle drive in the east parking lot and pull up along the sidewalk to pick students up. Cars should then proceed back around the backside of the building and exit out the south lot. Please stay to the right so traffic can move in both directions. (Same procedures as the morning)
- Walkers will exit out the main doors and use the sidewalk between the east and west parking lot.
PARENT EXCUSED DAYS & MENTAL HEALTH DAYS
Students are allowed 9 parent excused days. These days are to be used for family related reasons.
Mental Health Days are used for actual social/emotional stress related absences. When mental health days are reported, families should call the school to report this to the school. A counselor will be advised so that support is given.
2023-2024 MCUSD 185 Visitor Notice
When entering any Macomb CUSD #185 school building, all visitors will be required to leave a PHOTO IDENTIFICATION CARD during their visits. Staff will provide approved visitors with a badge before allowing them into the building. When leaving the building, visitors will have their photo ID returned. Sign-in sheets for visitors will no longer be used.
It is the student's responsibility to pick up items brought to school and dropped off at the office by parents/guardians.
Thank you for helping your student remember to bring all items to school. For example: homework, musical instruments, lunch money, etc.
We encourage parents and children to communicate before he/she arrives at school. This provides a sense of security for students throughout the day. They know what's going on with family. Please limit phone messages to emergencies, if possible. If a student needs to make a call during the school day, they should report to the MS Office. A phone log is maintained. The office phone is not for making plans with friends. The main office closes at 4:00 pm.
Change of Address
Please notify the office of any changes regarding: home address, employer information, home/work/cell phone numbers, emergency contacts. Family access is available for you to view various students data such as attendance, grades, emergency contacts, food service summaries and other similar types of information. Please keep your account u
Winter Weather Information
If the weather becomes questionable, a parent/guardian will receive a phone call and an email from Skylert, the District’s notification system, will announce delays, dismissals or school closings. More information can be found on the School Closings page on the school website.
INCLEMENT WEATHER/NOTIFICATION SYSTEM
To learn more about, Skylert, please visit the district website.
6th Grade News
· Math: We are working on dividing decimals.
· Reading: Student presentations are coming to an end. We have started exploring the world of mythology as get ready for our next novel unit!
· Language Arts/Writing: We are currently working on research essays…”Have you ever wondered why?”
· Social Studies: We are getting ready to study about Ancient Egypt!
· Science: We are learning about the human body system. We are doing A LOT of hands-on
7th Grade News
8th Grade News