- Lincoln School
- 2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration
A child entering kindergarten at Lincoln Elementary must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1 of the current year. Our kindergarten program is an all-day/everyday program. Parents have the option of sending their children on a half-day basis, if they prefer. We encourage all parents to take advantage of our all-day program, which is appropriate for the kindergarten age child. The Illinois State Board of Education requires us to offer a half-day program; however, it is the philosophy and recommendation of Lincoln Elementary that children benefit most from a whole-day program. You may choose to send your child for a half-day, but please realize that their attendance will be limited to the morning (8:00-10:45 A.M.).
Step 1: Register Your Kindergarten Student
Children who will be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2023, can register for kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year, please find which scenario you fit in below and follow the procedures.
If...…Your student is new to the district:
Go to the Mcusd185 Board Office located located at 323 W Washington Street and complete/provide the following:
- Completed registration packet (packets can be picked up at the Board Office or Lincoln School)
- Proof of residency by bringing in required documentation to the Board Office 323 W. Washington
- A photo ID of registrant
- A certified copy of the student's birth certificate
- Drop the registration packet, along with the proof of residency slip given to you at the Board Office, to Lincoln School 315 N. Bonham
If...…Your child attended MacArthur: You do not need to fill out a registration packet or provide the above information. You may register your child online after May 1
- Click on the Skyward Icon located on the Resources bar of each page of the district website. Enter your username and password. If you do not recall your username and password, please call the school office.
If........you already have a child enrolled in the district proof of residency is not needed. Simply fill out an enrollment packet and return it to the school.
Step 2: Make a Kindergarten Screening Appointment
If your child did not attend a Pre-K Center or daycare in Macomb, please schedule an appointment so we can gather some information on your child. To make a screening appointment please call Lincoln Elementary School at 309-833-2095. Screenings will take place on August 1 & August 2.