The mission of the Macomb Junior/Senior High School band program is to foster creativity, teamwork, respect, and enjoyment of music through its study and performance. Our goal is to create a comfortable atmosphere that allows students to learn and grow from their experiences and to develop a lifelong appreciation of music through performance, support the arts, and the sheer enjoyment of listening to great music.
- To provide a comprehensive knowledge of music through its performance, creation, and promotion.
- To instill the concept of excellence in performance, in the classroom, and in everything we do.
- To provide an environment that promotes and encourages lifelong learning as well as personal and professional growth.
- To create an environment that fosters in all students a sense of community and loyalty to an organization and an ideal larger than themselves.
- To provide an opportunity for students to develop as disciplined, organized and mature adults.
- To allow students to express themselves creatively and to reach full potential in all aspects of their lives through music.
Please visit our Macomb Bands Website for upcoming events, fundraiser information, and much more.
History and Purpose of Macomb Schools Choral Program
The music program at Macomb has enjoyed decades of excellence. The choral program at Macomb dates back to the 1930s and has produced many outstanding alumni. The students share in the privilege of bringing music to life, thereby achieving the ultimate in beauty of sound. The joy that they discover is then transmitted to and shared with the audience.
The music program has three primary objectives:
- Cultural: To continue the development of music appreciation and understanding through study and performance of the best in music.
- Educational: To develop interested and discriminating listeners and provide a well-rounded musical background.
- Service: To lend color and atmosphere to certain community affairs, while promoting and enhancing the dignity and reputation of Edison School and Macomb Junior High School at all concert appearances.
Music Education Goals
- The student will develop a degree of musical independence, which will enable them to read and perform music. This skill is referred to as music literacy
- The student will study representative examples of music from the various stylistic periods of music history, including music composed by the recognized master composers.
- Students will develop and understand a classical vocal technique based on the Italian bel canto style of singing.
- The student will participate in musical activities, which are designed to stimulate aesthetic response.
The Macomb Choirs Website is a forum for parents to find information and more details regarding events the choral music experience in Macomb Schools. The webpage has email alerts, calendars, pictures, and information on upcoming events.