MacArthur Parent/Teacher Organization meets the first Monday of each month. Any parents or guardians of MacArthur students are encouraged to participate in these meetings as well as volunteering for special projects.
The PTO usually has one major fund raiser in September/October. Other efforts include: October Scholastic Book Fair, hosting a Valentine's Skating Party, and sponsoring Teacher Appreciation Activities in the Spring. The money earned from the fund raisers have been used to purchase many things for our school. The following is a list (not inclusive) of some of the things the PTO has purchased for the students and faculty:
- New equipment for the playground
- Mulch, plants, and materials for the gardens
- Family activities (Wiener Roast, Skating Party)
- Money for teachers to purchase supplies for the classroom
- Special plays and programs to perform for the students
- Quality literature for the library through BOOK FAIRS and donations